Health care reform, known as the Affordable Care Act (ACA) requires all individuals, with very few exceptions, to have healthcare coverage from here on out. Individuals without healthcare coverage will face penalties. Coverage can only be purchased during open enrollment unless you have a qualifying event. Open enrollment periods are in the fall.
• No one can be denied for preexisting conditions
• Dependents to age 26 can stay on their parents/guardian’s plan
• Preventive services are covered at no cost sharing
• Benefits are more comprehensive and plan designs have changed - (All policies must include this benefit)
• Some people will be eligible for financial assistance
Oregon's Health Insurance Marketplace (healthcare.gov)
The ACA allows families with income levels below 400% of the federal poverty level (FPL) access to Advanceable Premium Tax Credits (APTC) available only through the health exchange. Some families may also qualify for assistance to help pay for their out of pocket expenses in the form of Cost Sharing Reduction plans or they may qualify for the Oregon Health Plan (OHP). We can help you with that process.